Home made burgers are great for camping and the BBQ, kids love the fact they can make them themselves and there super healthy.
For the burger
- 540g/1lb 3oz minced beef chuck steak
- 25g/1oz chopped coriander
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices mature Cheddar
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- Place all the burger ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Using your hands, shape into four equal-sized patties.
- Preheat the grill to hot. Cook the burgers under the grill for 15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese towards the end of the cooking time.
- Before serving, mix together the mayonnaise and lettuce. Cut the ciabatta rolls in half and toast under the grill on both sides.
- Top the bottom halves of the ciabatta rolls with the lettuce and mayonnaise, followed by a slice of tomato.
- Arrange the burger and cheese on top of the ciabatta, followed by a slice of red onion. Top each burger with the other halves of the ciabatta rolls and serve.