This super healthy pizza is cooked in a frying pan making it the perfect food for camping or even at home.
For the Base
- 225g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil , plus extra for frying
For the Topping
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion , sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- 250g pack cherry tomatoes , halved
- 4 tbsp passata
- handful fresh basil leaves , chopped
- 50g cheddar , grated
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 mins. Tip in tomatoes and passata, and simmer for 5-10 mins or until the tomatoes are soft. Remove from the heat, stir in the basil, season, then allow to cool.
- Put the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the olive oil then add 6-7 tbsp warm water or enough to make a soft dough. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to fit a 22cm frying pan or make 2 small ones. Heat a glug of olive oil in the frying pan, then press the dough into the pan and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins or until the base is golden.
- Heat grill to hot. Spread the pizza base with the tomato sauce, scatter on the cheese and grill until it has melted and the base is golden at the edges. Serve immediately.